CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 23, 2010

Random Thoughts


I never had a horrible pregnancy, but it did come with its ups and downs (the scale numbers and the deswelling of my ankles afterward, respectively). I have learned SO much in the last year, too bad a year's worth of sleep deprivation made me forget most of it....

One of the things I did learn though was about the overall experience of pregnancy. I'm not one to advocate strongly of my love for being pregnant (or the newborn infant stage), but I grew so much (emotionally, physically, and mentally) because of it. Having a sister-in-law in her last trimester has gotten me thinking again about all of the little quirks of having a life grow inside of you.

One of the greatest joys of my life was feeling Grapenut's little body moving all around inside of my belly. She'd kick her little feet and jam them as high into my ribs as they could go and as I'd gasp for breath, I'd push on her little bum to have her shift to a different position. And then I would race to the bathroom as she plunked her entire little self on my bladder.

It was an experience I will never forget. Giving birth was an experience as well; my stubborn little lady decided to make me push for 3 hours. Good night, I was so ready to just see her it was a shame I could hardly open my eyes afterward because they were nearly swollen shut.

But I really wouldn't have given up experiencing any of that! It is amazing that as soon as I became a parent, I had a new-found knowledge of who I was as a person. I have never been more confident of who I am or what I look like had I never been pregnant and experienced the life-changing event that occurred inside of me.

To those who ask me about getting pregnant again and you hear an earful about Adoption... never think it's not that I don't truly cherish the fact that God blessed me with the gift to grow Grapenut inside of me!
It is truly a miracle!

2 comments:

MamaMimi said...

Love this post! You don't have to love pregnancy to love the blessing you are gifted =)

Brandon and Kari Mulder said...

Love this post also...it gives us who are adopting children & have no biological a better understanding since you have done both..it's awesome!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails