CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

My happy place

So it's no surprise to anyone who knows me that I will mildly obsess over an item for a time before I get bored and move on. Mildly may mean something entirely different to me than it does to you.

But this is one item I don't think I will EVER get bored with.

When I plan my trips to Bellingham (when you have 2 kids, a 10 minute car ride consists of a "trip") let's just say I don't plan them around my kids' nap schedules but, rather, around the opening of Costco. Is that mean? When you consider that a $1.00 mocha is involved to account for all the hassle of packing in two kids, diaper bags, Mama's purse, coupons, doctor info, insurance info, stroller (just in case... which is a 1/2 hour task in and of itself), and myself fully dressed, then it's SO worth it!

It is my sanity.

It is my love.

It makes me smile.

It is the $1.00 mocha freeze.

No matter how cold it is, I'll usually end up with the freeze and not the hot mocha because I know that once I get to my destination, I'll be sweating and trying to catch my breath to hysterically "un-pack" the kids as I'm already 10 minutes late because of my mild diversion.

See, I can use "mild" in so many phrases, and it still helps me to unconsciously see this completely necessary activity as not obsessing. Because it is, a mild obsession. That's all.

Never mind the fact that I buy 4 freezes at a time because that's how many cupholders my car has.

2 comments:

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Yup yup yup, we ARE related...love me some Costco Mocha! Now you got me thirsty for one! BTW I tried McD's frappe thingy - blech. Not even close to Costco's perfection.

MamaMimi said...

Question!!! How do you walk out of Costco with 4 mocha freezes, two babies, and still manage to unlock your car???

Related Posts with Thumbnails