CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Okay, I know there are a ton of sentimental blogs being posted in honor of Mother's Day, but it's just too classic to pass up.

Plus I cried a lot about it yesterday with how blessed I feel so I thought I'd pass it along.

Last year on Mother's Day was kind of difficult. If I would have gone out, no one would have known I had a child born already in my heart and another country who was 5 months old waiting for me to hold him (and not to mention the bundle of joy growing inside my belly who would be arriving soon). It was kind of a bittersweet day for me last year. I was asked if I could technically celebrate Mother's Day and my response was "I am a mother, my son is born, I just can't hold him yet." I had some weird responses to that, but I felt so strongly that it just wasn't fair if I was told I couldn't celebrate. I looked at Queso's picture a lot that day and cried a lot missing a little boy I had yet to meet but already knew so well.

This year was a much more joyous occasion! Well, it was after I woke up from sleeping in. :) My husband made me breakfast in bed and our whole family of 4 sat on our bed as I opened up my gifts and card that they had all "signed". It was the perfect Mother's Day. We went out to eat at a restaurant and were even told by the waitress that our children were so well-behaved. We smiled to ourselves but didn't tell her that she just caught them at a REALLY good time. Usually I can't go anywhere with them without passing out earplugs to people and apologizing profusely for Queso's screeches and Grapenut's cries. Let's just say that I stay home a lot.

We went to Costco so I could have a Mother's Day mocha, did a little shopping, and went home. I spent about an hour figuring out how my new ipod worked and to upload my music to it without getting rid of the games that were already on it. I finished my m-in-law's gift while watching (through tears) The Blindside (one of my other gifts) and packed up to head over there for dinner.

Last year was an emotional, sentimental celebration, and this year was a much more joyous occasion. I got to hold both of my children, whom I love with all my heart, and am SO thankful to God every day for blessing me with both of them!

I may be a busy Mom who can't keep my act together, but I also feel luckier than anyone else for the life I've been granted!

3 comments:

MamaMimi said...

Awww...you are so blessed! You have such a beautiful family who all love you so very much. Glad you had such a wonderful day.

Brandon and Kari Mulder said...

I feel exactly the same way that you did last year...I could not understand why growing a baby so to speak in your heart was any different than your stomach...people I guess just don't understand unless they have been there...Happy Mother's Day to you (two times)!!

Ramadhani said...

happy mothers day and i love my mother...

Related Posts with Thumbnails