CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quality, er QUANTITY, Tissue Paper

Some of the many benefits to the infamous baby shower are the gifts that keep on giving. Which, when roughly translated, directly refers to the gift bags and tissue paper that the expectant Mom is now blessed beyond belief with and the shock at the extra storage units she'll have to rent just to house the future wrapping supplies!

We were blessed with many showers (granted we had 2 kids on the way so it kind of invokes a lot of gifts), and man did we have a LOT of tissue paper (which we'll call "TP" for short). :)

Now when it comes to my household role, I am world's better at organizing than cleaning (or cooking for that matter), so I decided it was time to tackle the mess of gift supplies that had been stockpiled in our office. And when I organize, I love going by color, and then print, and then size. Ahhhh. And please note that there are different magnitudes of greatness when it comes to TP. Some are so flimsy you could see through. Others are like 20 lb printing paper. Ooooo, and some are metallic, those just make me smile.

But I digress....

I thought I'd post a picture to prove the sad lengths I go to when I get struck by the organizing bug.


And YES, I actually folded every single piece of TP. Why? Because I could.

It took way longer than it should have, but at least I was getting it done. Projects of this magnitude are clearly only accomplished when the hubby is at home for the day. PHEW! Sheesh, I even got out of my pjs, put makeup on, did my hair, AND brushed my teeth, and all before 8 in the morning!! I LOVE it when he's at home for the morning!

But I digress again, common fact with me, I know....

I won't say how long it actually took me to complete, but here is proof that I actually did spend my morning organizing TP.

It may not look all that impressive, but today the colors of the rainbow speak louder than my words of self-affirmation....

4 comments:

Megan said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is a better organizer than cleaner! ;) I wanted to do this so bad after my baby shower, but b/c we were still living out of boxes in a house under construction, Nat ended up throwing away most of TP and bags. :( I miss them already!

shellbell said...

I totally appreciate the fact that you folded and organized tissue paper! I get so much crap from people when I do it! I'm glad to know I'm not alone - it's so satisfying! :)

I hope you and Dusty (and fam) are doing well. :)

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Hee hee, is it sad that I am TOTALLY LOVING the color coordination!? SO proud of my organizationally blessed Sister :)

Dana Lohrer said...

LOVE it!!! WOW, you won't have to buy TP for a very long time!!! Glad things are going so well for you guys!!! Miss you guys too!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails