CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 7, 2009

What not to forget

I realized I may be the most disorganized diaper bag packer ever. Maybe I'll actually type out a list of items needed, laminate it, and firmly affix one to each diaper bag.

Every time I leave with the kiddos I manage to forget at least 5 things. That's quite a bit when I'm only out of the house for 2 hours max.

On Monday we packed the kids in to go to Daddy's soccer game. I was all excited to use our new stroller while drinking my Costco mocha... trying to feel like a chic mama. And we get there as the sun is starting to descend. Which means no more sun. And no more warmth. And for a baby in a onesie and a baby in a dress... it may be just a WEE bit cold out. So off to the diaper bags to look for their warm clothes. Uhhhhh. Lil Lady only has another summer dress (cause I think ahead and all) and a couple more short-sleeved onesies. Mr. Ladies' Man has only a couple short-sleeved onesies.

I mutter under my breath that I should have remembered zip up hoodies. Well, it would help if they OWNED zip up hoodies. And pants, huh? Yeah, needless to say I'm a leetle bit scatterbrained.

So what's a Mama to do? Borrow a t-shirt from a fellow fan and have them wrap Lil Lady in it while I affix a onesie to each ARM of our Ladies' Man. Say what you will, but THEY. WERE. WARM. OKAY?!?!?!?

I'll probably get my act together when they're old enough to walk.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Relax! You will forget a million and a half things over the course of their lives, no biggie! I remember one time we went to the mall (or Kohls, which for us is not attatched to the mall) and Skyler had a blow-out in the store. I went to go change him and threw all the poop-smeared clothes in a bag and noticed the the only item of clothing left in his diaper bag was a tshirt...not even a onesie! No pants! And that was the last diaper. Lets just say we went home rather quickly, lol! Oh yeah, and when we took Skyler home from the hospital. He had on a onesie and a coat, no pants (b/c none fit) so we covered him in a warm blanket. Ridiculous b/c it was soooo cold and windy outside, I should have just put the HUGe patns on him! :)
Glad to see you blogging again :)

All about us said...

I know how you feel Bec, been there many times myself! Just the other day I brought Luke to Mom's and forgot to bring his shoes, oops! hahaha

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

This one takes the cake.

I prepped, pureed and packed for a week long trip to Portland to help Mom VG watch C and L's boys when Jude was about 9 months old.

I LEFT ALL HIS FOOD AT HOME!!! I almost cried...actually, I think I DID cry. I had worked for a WEEK freezing extra food and making meals in advance for him. Needless to say, I headed out to the grocery store once we got to Portland.

Related Posts with Thumbnails