CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It happened.

The inevitable has finally occurred. As I was speeding racing overly anxious on the gas pedal driving to work today (with a slight possibility of arriving late as I may OR may not have slept in a good 30 minutes little bit past my alarm), I drove over a hill near our house only to see a sheriff flying (I'm sure within the normal confined of the unclearly posted speed limit) at me from the bottom of the hill.

As soon as he saw me, he flipped those flashers on, pulled a U-eee, even sprayed gravel at the house whose driveway he felt it necessary to utilize, and came a-racin' after me. Oh, man.

Okay, think, think, think. What do I sayyyy????

"Uh, ma'am, do you realize you were going 51 in a 35?" "Oh, nope. Sorry."

***Ahhhhhh!!!*** Have my inherited lawyerly skills been lost? Have I not talked my way out of four a mere couple of other tickets?

Dust and I have been talking lately about what we deserve, and that even as Christians we all deserve hell and that it's ONLY by the grace of God that we are spared. So, here this is running through my head (Why at this moment???? I don't know...) and I now am completely tongue-tied. Just staring at the officer, nodding my head, and saying: "Uh huh, uh huh"; "Oh, sorry"; "My bad". Of course, after he hands me my ticket do I think of some intelligible, side-tracking question. Great!

Well, at least I now have something to apply my government issued refund to... BACK to the government!

1 comments:

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

YES!!! Finally! She's caught! Actually, I'm sorry you got caught ;)

Did you cry?

Related Posts with Thumbnails