CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Invest it wisely

Well, if tax refunds won't make you smile, I don't know what will. It is always a good day when you get money back. I even captured the moment for blogging proof that we did, in fact, receive our earlier stated HUGE refund! Ohhhh, the possibilities. Where to spend this cash that just hopped right into my lap and is now begging for me to spend?! Wow, now that's a true dilemma.

Uh, back to reality now.


And if the government doesn't have to rub this in my face enough, here's what the envelope and little enclosure said.


Ohhhhh. Okay. Let me invest my $35 whole dollars WITH THE GOVERNMENT!! Puh-lease.

And, aren't they (the "government peoples") sending a bit too many mixed signals? Why, then, am I getting a rebate in July that they'll encourage me to SPEND, all in the name of boosting the economy; could this be because it'll be relegated as earned income on my 2008 tax return? Lovely, just lovely. They are not encouraging the growth of my savings account which is something that makes me smile.

If I didn't already have plans to spend both checks, I would really make a statement and save 'em both.

3 comments:

We are THAT Family said...

Congratulations! I know this will make a HUGE difference in your lives :D

Jason said...

Of course, you COULD have filed a little earlier with direct deposit and already have your stimulus check for 1200 smackers. That might make you a bit happier. Too bad. :-P

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Well? What'ddya do with all that extra cash ?

Related Posts with Thumbnails