CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Surf's Up, DUDE!

Oh my lucky, lucky stars. It has finally happened. The time has come. The highlight of all highlights. (And no, I’m not talking about the fact that I actually had my husband cut my hair.)

It’s SURFING TIME!!!

As a lifelong dream is going to be accomplished soon, I wanted to share my last minute thoughts.

An avid lover of all things sun, beach, and fun, I have always had a desire to go surfing. Ever since I was little. Having never been to Hawaii, it didn’t sound like a dream that would ever come true. Oh how sad. HOWEVER, and lemme tell you this is a
BIG however, we are leaving on Sunday solely for me to go SURFING! Okay, well that's not entirely true. If at all. But we are leaving on Sunday for Hawaii with Dust's family... and there I will jump feet first into my passion for a sport that I have only ever dreamed about trying.

Brings me back to my single days when I would watch reality TV shows about surfing.
(Oops, I can’t believe I just shared that. But yeah, my life was sooooo exciting, I must say!)

Oh, they tell ya it’s hard. Oh, they say you probably won’t even stand up. But let. Me. Tell. You… that I will push, and I will yell, and I will grit my teeth until that fateful moment where I am on top of the world (or, water) for all of 2 seconds until I come crashing down into the sea around me and get stung by a jellyfish. But boy, am I excited!

And, no worries, because I have watched Friends, so I DO know what to do if I get stung by a jellyfish. Thank you, Monica. Or Joey… or Chandler.

1 comments:

V said...

Ok you need to update this to: you've gone surfing and it was awesome:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails